Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm Scared of Writing

Soooo...that whole "I'm back" thing...

I'm scared of writing. It's true. I've taken countless writing classes. I majored in English education. I've written a lot over my short life. But I'm still scared of putting my words on paper (or computer). It's like I'm afraid that I will look foolish to someone or that I will break one of the ever-changing grammar rules.

I absolutely love writing and really enjoy reading my own work (most of the time). I just hate the feeling before I actually let the words flow. It's like the feeling I get before I do a somersault or before I wax my eyebrows or before I jump off a diving board or before I let my husband crack my back or before I walk into a party or before I try on a new pair of jeans. It's torture before I start...but I'm always glad I went through with it in the end.

I think about writing all the time. I tell my students to write all the time. I tell them when they're stuck to "just write." Why oh why don't I take my own advice?

So, I'm really going to work on this whole "fear of writing" thing and get back into blogging. I started this blog so I could write publicly. Probably should get back on that.

So, if you haven't totally abandoned my blog...thanks for hanging on. I'll try to be better. No promises though. Because I might break that promise when fear strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...