Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Muppet Theory

I recently came across this blog post which referenced this article. The original article proposed that all humans fall under two categories: Chaos Muppets and Order Muppets. If you never, watched the Muppets or Sesame Street as a child (or as an adult for that matter), this will make little to no sense to you.

Chaos Muppets include Animal, Miss Piggy, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Gonzo, and Grover. Order Muppets include Kermit, Bert, and Scooter. Chaos Muppets leave all sorts of chaos in their wake and are constantly messing up something or causing some sort of trouble or having an emotional meltdown. Order Muppets love schedules and perfection and stability and cleanliness. The author of this article basically lumps all of humankind into these two broad categories.

Now a lot of the article is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it does bring up some interesting ideas. The author touches a little on the idea that Order Muppets tend to attract Chaos Muppets. The blog where I originally found the link to the article develops this idea further. I tend to agree with this statement.

My husband and I fit this general mold...to a point. I think I would fall under the category of Order Muppet and my husband would probably fall under the category of Chaos Muppet. Just look at the insides of our cars, and you can see how different we are. My husband's car is a death trap, while mine stays relatively clean.

However, I can be really messy when I get lazy. My messiness infuriates me. I get depressed and anxious whenever my house/personal space gets untidy. Somehow, I do a really good job of suppressing my anger over my messiness because I let it stay like that for far too long. My idea of total relaxation involves cleaning my entire house and then stretching out on my couch with some tea and a book while wrapped in my Snuggie. My husband's idea of relaxation is pushing aside his books and papers so he can sit down to play video games with no clue as to his surroundings.

Ben balances me out. I prevent him from descending into utter ruin. I think our differences allow us to live harmoniously. God put us together to help us build one another up. I say all the time that it's a good thing I'm not single, or I would be a total wreck of a human. No one would want to be near me. I need my Ben (as given to me by God) to help me work through my issues to keep me from becoming a total control freak.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...