Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

8:00 Shut-Down

I just came across an interesting concept over at The Small Things Blog. She is going to try to shut down her Internet connectivity at 6:00 pm most nights. She's not going to worry about messages and whatnot after that point.

I think that's an interesting concept. I don't think I could handle 6:00 as my shut-off point. Mainly because I often don't get home until 6:00 during the school year. I think I may try to do 8:00 pm. I think I will make this a rule for blogging (which actually doesn't take up all that much time), Facebook, and e-mail. I already have a rule that I don't check work e-mail at home unless absolutely necessary because it stresses me out too much.

I'll allow researching and Pinterest after 8:00 because that helps me learn and complete projects. I may make exceptions if I know that I have to find out something about scheduling or activities for the next day. Other than that, I think I need to reserve the last few hours of my evening for reading and spending time with my husband. Maybe I'll make a rule that all grading needs to be done by 8:00 as well (unless I get seriously behind or something).

I often let my outside world barge into my sacred little home. I would like to keep it at bay if at all possible. Home is where I don't have to have a pleasant look on my face and make meaningless small talk. Home is where I can be exactly who I want to be without worrying what others think. Home is where I can stare into space without people looking at me funny.

All social media does is distract me from reality. It's time to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...