Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back to School Anxiety

Every year it comes. The sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. The racing of my heart. The tangled thoughts in my brain. The utter inability to organize. The realization that school is coming, and once again I wasted my summer. This year is the same.

As far as summers go, I had a pretty relaxing and enjoyable summer. I don't have to switch classrooms. I only tutored twice a week. I spent my main vacation visiting family. I saw a lot of my hubby. I watched a ridiculous amount of TV. I read a lot of good books. I went camping. I accomplished some major organization projects. Somehow, though, I feel like I wasted my summer.

I had these grand plans to revamp my English curriculum...because...well...it's weak in some areas. I was going to read waaaaaay more books than I ended up reading. I was going to go camping more. I was going to experiment in the kitchen more. I was going to have more friends over. I was going to read my Bible more. More...more...more.

Well, I'm down to 345 hours and 45 minutes before Teacher's In-Service begins. I have 537 hours and 45 minutes before school starts. 14 days until In-Service. 22 days until school begins. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Where did the time go? Where?

The good news is, I don't have to switch classrooms. I found an amazing site this afternoon with all kinds of inspirational teaching ideas. I have 22 days until my little darlings are fully dependent on my for 8 hours a day, five days a week. I have some time.

I need to redeem this time. I need to plan, plan, plan. I need to leave the TV off and ignore Facebook. I need to focus on only repinning teaching pins. I need to gear up my body, soul, and mind for the next nine months of craziness. (I just realized that this sounds like I'm planning on having babies implanted in me...oops...I'm not!)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...