Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Where I've been...

I had such great intentions to blog daily this summer. Turns out I don't really have anything witty to say daily. Hmmm...maybe I should re-think the whole "writing" thing...maybe not. I'm only 25 after all. How much do I really have to say that is worthwhile?

I've been working really hard to get my classroom ready. I should take a picture of it, but it's not quite done yet and would make for a boring classroom. I'm a firm believer in not over-stuffing my classroom because it distracts both me and my students from learning. So, it looks a little bare.

I had a scare last week that I was going to have to switch classrooms AGAIN! Ugh. This was going to be my first year to be in the same classroom for more than one year. It takes me an average of about 2 years to get my space really organized, so I was really bummed that I was going to have to uproot my things yet again at the last possible minute resulting in a haphazard organization scheme. Thankfully the teacher I was going to switch with didn't want to switch rooms either. So, we convinced our principal it was in everyone's best interests to stay in the same spot. Phew. That was a close one!

I'm really ready for a routine. The lazy perfectionist needs structure or she ends up wearing pajamas until noon. Ahem...like today for instance. I don't know if I'll ever be able to work from home unlike other lucky people in this world. I just don't have the discipline!

School starts the day after Labor Day. I really can't wait. I want it to start on Monday, but alas, we have  meetings all next week. Oh well, at least I get to meet my students on Tuesday at Orientation Night.

Well, I best be heading to the shower so I can eat lunch and head on over to scrub the walls in my classroom with magic erasers to remove the signs of last year's 6th graders. What are the chances that my principal brings by a new family to meet me when I'm wearing athletic shorts and a t-shirt whilst scrubbing my walls? Pretty high because that's how my luck works. Better re-think that outfit choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...