Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

♫The Best Day Ever♫

Yesterday was one of the best days of my adult life. What made it so spectacular? My husband and I were able to spend an entire day together. Start to finish. No one else to share each other with. No obligations. No time constraints. No responsibilities. It was amazing! This song from Spongebob Squarepants was playing through my head all day long (Yes, I know I'm too old for Spongebob. I don't care):



We got up and went to breakfast at a great little diner called John's Plain and Fancy Diner. I had a delicious Mexican omelette and my husband had a fancy Greek omelette. We also split a plate of  delicious scrapple. If you don't know what Scrapple is, it's probably best if you didn't know.



Then we went to Wal-Mart and bought a lamp for our nightstand, screw anchors to rehang the towel rack and toilet paper holder in the bathroom, a new toilet seat, and a roast so my husband can prove to me that pot roast isn't all that disgusting. Buying those seemingly boring items actually was thrilling. We were able to accomplish little projects that we had been talking about for a looooong time. The best part was we were together.

Then, we headed over to JCPenney to buy a shower curtain rod and some curtains. We live in a tiny studio apartment, so I wanted to get a tension rod to hang up a curtain in the doorway to our alcove bedroom. I've been getting ready in the dark every morning while my husband still sleeps. With this new curtain set-up, I can turn the lights on without bothering him so much. Maybe I'll break my habit of going back to sleep after I take my shower. : )

Yeah, my bed isn't made, my pajamas are on the floor, and I'm a terrible photographer. That's what this blog is all about!

It was a great day! I'm so thankful God blesses me with days like this. It helps me keep my sanity and remember that he does want what is best for me. Throughout the day, I was a little worried that he was going to somehow "ruin" the day by making something "bad" happen merely because I was enjoying myself so much. I constantly have to remind myself that God wants what is best for me. He is not out to ruin my fun. Yesterday was a great reminder of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...