Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Obsessed with Organization

I love to organize. It all started when I was about 5 or 6, and a babysitter of mine asked me if I would like her to help me organize my play kitchen. I thought the world of her, so of course I agree. I was amazed at how fun that could be. Ever since then I've loved organizing. When my dad would buy new wire closet organizers for his remodeling projects, I would stare at the pictures on the box they came in and dream of a perfectly color-coordinated closet just like the ones pictured on the box. Sometimes I would spend a whole Saturday re-organizing my closet without being told. When my parents helped my husband and me bring out our possessions before our wedding, I insisted upon organizing my drawers and cabinets even though my mom told me I could finish all of that after I got married and actually moved in.

Even though I love to organize and a trip through The Container Store is like walking on clouds, I easily get disorganized. There are several little secret spots throughout my apartment that are highly disorganized. This is where lazy perfectionism comes into play. I want all of these spots to be organized, but they somehow stay disorganized. When I do a project, whether it be cooking or crafting, I often find myself spending a great deal of time organizing before I get started. It's like I'm afraid to start before it's all prepared. Or maybe it's just that I enjoy the process of getting started so much. Maybe that's why I feel the need to deep clean my house before decorating for Christmas. I dunno. Anyways, I found this quote by the author of Winnie-the-Pooh to sum up one of my many personality quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...