Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Elusive Pursuit of Creativity

I can be sort of creative...sometimes. Can I really call myself creative if I'm only creative sometimes? I love reading creative blogs and spending time with creative people. I love the rush when I finish a creative project. I'm just not consistently creative.

I think my fear of what others think interferes with my ability to be fully creative. I'm always afraid people are going to think that I'm a copycat or that I don't have the "right" to be creative. It's all so stupid. It's so much easier to coast under the radar so no one sees my attempts at creativity. Blogging is so hard for me not because I have nothing to say. I have plenty to say. I just don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to be something that I'm not. I'm almost 25 years old. I shouldn't be worrying about that sort of nonsense anymore.

Hopefully this blog will help me break out of the tiny little world in which I've imprisoned myself. I have to keep pushing my self-imposed boundaries. Maybe I should follow this list:


Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...