Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Magazine Idea Binder... or, Paper Pinterest

I got this idea from Sew Many Ways the other day. I found it while browsing her amazing website. I pinned it to Pinterest so I could share her brilliance with others. Here's the pin:


Basically, you rip out magazine ideas, put them in protector sheets, and put them in a binder. It's really a no-brainer idea, but I'm a bit dense sometimes and need others to guide me along the way. A friend has been giving me her old magazines after she's ripped out what she wants. Most of them are food-related like Food Network, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Better Homes and Gardens, Saveur, etc. They were taking up quite a bit of space in my closet, so I decided I needed to take action.

For the past couple days, I've been watching episodes of Miss Marple on Netflix while ripping out recipes from these old magazines. I found an old binder in my closet and a bunch of extra sheet protectors in my recipe cupboard. I made a cut label for the side and a simple title sheet out of scrapbook paper I had for another project. I haven't finished the project yet, but it's well underway. Here's what I have so far:
Sorry for the poor lighting, I'm too lazy to open the curtains for better lighting. Originally I was going to re-type all of these recipes to look nice in my real recipe binder. Pretty sure that's not going to happen anytime soon. Karen on Sew Many Things mentioned this was her Flinstone version of Pinterest. I call it "Paper Pinterest."

While I was thumbing through magazines, I came across an interesting article about gluten-free diets in a BHG magazine. It mentioned some symptoms of a gluten intolerance, and I do have a few symptoms. The article mentioned going on a strict gluten-free diet for a month and then slowly adding in gluten again to see what it does to your body.

Since it's summertime, and I'm already getting bored. I may have to try this. A month isn't very long. I won't be doing much traveling in July, so it might be perfect for me. The idea of living gluten-free is a little frightening. I think it would really cause panic in my husband. The unhealthier, the better in his mind. (He does work at McD's after all.) So now I need to start doing some serious research to see if this is even possible for me. I should probably go to the doctor and talk this over with her too, since that's what all the disclaimers for every diet say. We'll see...

If you have any suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them. (This is a rare opportunity, I rarely ask for advice. Fire away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...