Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pockets

Last Sunday night I was wracking my brains for something quick and easy to make for supper after church. I searched through my tiny freezer to see if I had anything that would work. I just happened to find some leftover buffalo chicken from this pin on Pinterest:

I liked the buffalo chicken when I had it on hoagie rolls, but it was a little intense. I decided then to make buffalo chicken pockets using the leftovers I had. Here is the recipe from My Kitchen Apron:

Ingredients:
 3 lb. bag of frozen chicken 
 1 bottle Frank's Red Hot Wing's Buffalo Sauce (I used Aldi's Louisiana Hot Sauce)
 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix.


Directions:
 1. Place frozen chicken in crockpot (the best part is you don't have to defrost it first)
 2. Pour entire bottle of hot sauce over chicken.
 3. Empty entire packet of ranch dip mix over chicken and sauce.
 4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
 5. Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
 6. Return to crockpot and cook on low for another hour. (You can also add a couple of tablespoons of    butter at this point, but I didn't)

Serve with chips, hoagie rolls, tortillas, whatever.

Buffalo Chicken Pockets

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. leftover Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
4 oz. cream cheese
1 can crescent rolls

Directions:
1. Unroll crescent rolls and separate into triangles on cookie sheet.
2. Spread small amount of cream cheese (about 1 tbsp.) on widest part of cresent roll triangle.
3. Drop small amount of buffalo chicken on top of cream cheese.
4. Roll up into a ball, pressing sides together.
5. Bake according to time and temperature on the roll of crescent rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...