Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Melissa and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Did you ever read Alexander and Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day ? That is sort of how my day went. Or at least it felt that way. I won't go into details because they aren't really important, but it was a crummy day.

At the end of the day, I dragged my feet everywhere I went. When I got home I ate a large quantity of jellybeans. Then my husband took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant to cheer me up. I only finished 1/3 of my meal. That says something right there (either that or I'm catching a bug). I actually almost threw up in the restaurant. Ben says it's because of Weight Watchers. My body wouldn't let me "pound through the plate." His terms, not mine.

All I know is, I'm weary. This quote encapsulates my day quite well. I need to remember it.


A Facebook friend of mine, who is also a teacher, posted this reminder the other day from Scripture:
                     
Colossians 3:1-3 (ESV)

Put On the New Self
 3 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Hmmm...maybe my petty worries don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I know I'm learning some valuable life lessons in dealing with difficult people; that's for sure!

So, should I keep wallowing in the misery of my day? No. Will I? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...